A Message from the Board of Directors regarding COVID-19
March 20, 2020
To our community:
It is with heavy hearts that, due to the threat of COVID-19, the BITSS Board of Directors has decided to cancel BITSS 2020.
We know this is disappointing news. After much internal discussion we concluded that, given the challenges the world is facing, it is not feasible for us to commit to the program in all its glory.
- Some of our attendees have health realities that put them in a "higher risk" category.
- We are not like other camps that stay put in one place; we travel all around Boston by bus, train and feet.
- Physical distancing is not something that this loving group would be able to maintain!
- We can't know when borders may re-open, and we do have participants and staff who don't live in the US.
- It’s possible that our planned venues and experiences will remain closed.
- In this time of financial disruption, some families may lose their ability to pay tuition. We do grant scholarships, but we don’t have the funds to give the sudden scholarships that many might need.
We hope you will be a part of BITSS in 2021 as a participant, volunteer, or supporter. In the meantime, BITSS will be working to make our 2021 year the best yet, and to keep our community connected during these challenging days.