Join the Board
BITSS is run by a Board of Directors made up of volunteering members of the TS community. Because BITSS is always growing, we are looking for more talented individuals to join the board in providing a truly remarkable experience for our summit attendees.
We currently have two board seats open: Fundraising & Development and Talent Acquisition. Detailed descriptions of each position are below.
To apply for an open seat, please click here to fill our our BITTS Board Member Application.
If you're interested in becoming a board member but your expertise doesn't match the currently open positions, we encourage you to volunteer! Being involved is the best way to be informed and ready when a good fit does open up.
The Director of Fundraising & Development carries out the general responsibilities of a member of the Board of Directors, including maintaining knowledge of the organization and a personal commitment to its goals and objectives.
In addition, the Director of Fundraising and Development:
- Works with the Treasurer and the Director of Programming to develop a fundraising plan that identifies the needs and goals of the organization;
- Investigates grant opportunities and oversees the writing, submission and management of grant applications;
- Coordinates with the Treasurer to manage online donation opportunities (e.g., GoFundMe);
- Organizes volunteers who are interested in pursuing fund raising opportunities in their communities;
- Develops and maintains relations with representatives from grantor organizations and other high net worth individuals or companies with direct ties to the Turner syndrome community; and
- Coordinates the organization’s solicitation of donations of funds and other resources (i.e. goods and services) from community members, organizations and companies.
The Director of Talent Acquisition carries out the general responsibilities of a member of the Board of Directors, including maintaining knowledge of the organization and a personal commitment to its goals and objectives.
In addition, the Director of Talent Acquisition will develop a strategy to identify, recruit, interview and retain:
- Board Members to fill open seats on the Board of Directors;
- Volunteers to serve on Committees of the Board or otherwise provide assistance in the form of volunteer services to the organization;
- Young adult women with Turner syndrome to serve as Mentors;
- Individuals to serve as staff members (e.g., nursing staff, special needs aide); and
- Professionals/instructors to lead instructional sessions during the Summit (e.g., dance instructors, yoga instructors, drama/theater instructors, photography instructors, etc.).