About the Program
The Boston International Turner Syndrome Summit is an eight-day residential summer program for young women with Turner syndrome between the ages of 12 and 19 in Boston, MA. The summit provides a healthy, social environment where young women with Turner syndrome can grow and form a community that will last far longer than eight days. During the summit, we explore Boston, take fun workshops that give our participants the chance to experience something new, and of course spend time together!
While BITSS 2020 has been cancelled due to COVID-19, we are committed to maintaining and growing our community virtually—and making BITSS 2021 spectacular!
Click here to read about our past summits and get a real taste of BITSS with our videos.
The tuition for our cancelled 2020 program came to $1,325. This cost included housing and amenities, transportation in Boston, and all activities and attractions for eight days and seven nights.
Financial aid is available on a per-case basis.
If you would like to donate to our scholarship fund to help support those who would otherwise be unable to attend, click here.
Over the last few years, BITSS has developed its own slew of awesome traditions.
- Start the week off right with amazing, engaging games that break the ice!
- Everyone's an artist at our yearly paint night!
- Boogie the night away at an upbeat dance party!
- Sing your heart out at karaoke!
- Hang out at our pajama party movie night!
- Chat with medical practitioners outside of the office at our doctor panel!
- Speak with a new voice: your hands! (American Sign Language)
- And yes, of course Ketty will always be back for more Zumba!
Housing & Amenities
The accommodations for the BITSS are be seven nights at Simmons College. Their beautiful campus is a short walk from many Boston attractions and a trolley ride from countless others.
The units, located in Smith Hall (pictured to the right), are multi-bedroom suites that accommodate four or five people each. They are fully air conditioned, with linens, blankets, pillows, and soap provided.
The dining hall at Simmons is only a few steps from the door of our dorm, and it features vegetarian, dairy-free, and gluten-free options— and it's delicious!